Ideas welcome: Support for your hospital comes in many shapes and sizes. The business, golf and visitor programs listed here are just the tip of the iceberg. Contribute your idea for a local fund-raising event, activity or special program and we’ll help you bring it to life in support of healthcare here. Meantime, here are few examples of the programs that are generating outstanding support for your hospital now.
- thank youAlgonquin Outfitters
- thank youBDO
- thank youBickley Ford
- thank youCapstone Ventures/Petro Canada
- thank youCCV Insurance & Pipefusion Inc.
- thank youColdwell Banker Thompson Real Estate
- thank youDrive Muskoka
- thank youFamily Restaurant & Pizza
- thank youGreystone
- thank youHarrower Properties Inc.
- thank youHLD Corporation
- thank youHutcheson Sand & Gravel
- thank youKawartha Credit Union
- thank youKimberly Clark Inc.
- thank youMBRP Inc. Performance Exhaust
- thank youMcIlroy Insurance Brokers
- thank youMcLeish Orlando LLP
- thank youMuskoka Rock
- thank youNorthern Disposal & Sanitation
- thank youOn the Docks Pub
- thank youRBC
- thank youRolston's Home Building Centre
- thank youShoppers Drug Mart Huntsville
- thank youSML Contracting Ltd.
- thank youSunrise Centre Dental, Drs John & Sharon Koncan
- thank youTasso Lake Heating Solutions Inc.
- thank youTD Canada Trust
- thank youThe Hunt House Fine Jewellery
- thank youThe Sarjeant Co. Ltd.
- thank youTitanium Transportation Group Inc.
Business Cares is an initiative that was created to both recruit local businesses to give to their hospital and to build deeper relationships with our existing, supportive partners.
The committee is made up of Foundation Board members and staff. Business Cares Chair Pat Dube, owner of Greystone Project Management Inc., was joined by Chantelle Armstrong of Jason Armstrong’s Drive Muskoka, and Foundation Board Past Chair, John Crockett. They collectively inspired the effort.
We have a lot of support from our community and we have built this program so that businesses can demonstrate their support of their local hospital and, in turn, so that our neighbours can support business owners who do good locally. A business agrees to support the Foundation and pledges to donate $5,000 per year for 5 years. The goal is to get 40 businesses on the plan for a 5 year goal of 1 million.
Once signed up, their business logo will be placed on 2 billboards, one on Hwy 60 and one at the hospital location, receive signage for their workplace and Social Media presence on the Foundation’s facebook page. The foundation will assist in preparing a press release to send to the media. Be a Business Cares Partner. Contact the foundation at email@example.com or 705-789-4756.
- thank youCBI Physiotherapy & Rehab
- thank youDorset Polar Bear Plunge
- thank youDrive Muskoka Tent Sale
- thank youDube 20 Campaign
- thank youEarl LaBerge Golf Tournament
- thank youGolf fore the Girls
- thank youHIP - The Tragically Hip Celebration
- thank youHuntsville Jr C Otters
- thank youIronman
- thank youKearney Lions Lobsterfest
- thank youMayor’s Golf Tournament
- thank youMotivations Fitness
- thank youSaturday Night Out
- thank youSwashbuckler Rob
Team up with the Huntsville Hospital Foundation and host a third party fundraising event. By doing this you are part of a Community Cares. It’s an investment in health and enjoyment of life for you, your family and your friends in Muskoka, East Parry Sound and Algonquin Park. Click on the Community Cares toolkit to help plan your next event.
SAVE THE DATE: June 22, 2017
Every June, about 100 golfers gather on Bigwin Island to play golf and raise money for the Huntsville Hospital Foundation. It’s a who’s who guest list and in the three years since the tournament’s inception, it has become one of the Foundation’s signature events.
The title sponsor for the event is SML Contracting. Other sponsorship opportunities range from $10,000 for high profile positioning to $1,000 for hole sponsors. Those interested in sponsorship and partnering opportunities for 2017 are encouraged to contact the Foundation office before we sell out again. Golfers who were not able to participate this year are also encouraged to register now for next year.
Click here to see photos from this last year’s event.
Almost 1,000,000 people visit the Huntsville / Algonquin corridor every year. They come for nature and for adventure and they visit businesses and resorts along the way.
What they also may do is visit our hospital – that’s the nature of tourism in a wilderness setting.
The services required to provide care for a population of potential patients that grows many-fold every summer put a strain on our hospital. The goal of Bucks-in-a-Box is to make local healthcare donations more top of mind and easier.
Bucks-In-A Box cash boxes are positioned in participating retail locations from Huntsville to Algonquin Park. Radio commercials on local stations will promote the boxes, making a donation and our business partners as well.
If you operate a tourism business in the area and understand the importance of local healthcare to our tourism industry, please contact the Foundation through this web site and we’ll get a Bucks-In-A-Box kit to you right away.